Tuesday 23 March 2010

Middle East street scene

Hi again,
JUST started my next folio piece, a generic street scene from a war zone in the Middle East somewhere. I'm leaving the location pretty open as I want to throw in a few elements from various locations that I think will add to the general feel. Anyway, this is as basic as it gets; blocking out the overall layout. I'm doing this as modular as possible for maximum flexibility, creating blocks of buildings and free standing ones to mix and match. This is a VERY basic scene guide for now; it will probably transform into something completely different as the scene goes on. I've just seen the Hurt Locker as well which helped kick start this scene, a great film by the way. I know there are lots of Middle East set pieces out there already, but this is my first attempt and something I've always wanted to work on. Doing it for my folio has the added Brucie Bonus of not answering to programmers requests to chop and change as they see fit..! Ahhh, bliss...  ;) I'll also throw a few more props at it than I should but will keep the individual counts in-game...

No comments:

Post a Comment